Thursday, July 17, 2008

Top 20 OPC Questions Asked By Integrators

Sign up for a free, vendor-neutral webinar on the Top 20 OPC questions for integrators and end users presented by representatives from: Kepware, Software Toolbox, and the OPC Training Institute.

http://www.opcti.com/newsevents/webinars/130808webinar.asp

From the OPC Training Institute web page:

Join the session to get insight into some of the following issues:

  1. When should I consider using an OPC Tunneling product?
  2. Can OPC UA (Unified Architecture) be used on non-Windows Operating Systems?
  3. What are the security holes when working with OPC?
  4. Why can I not see OPC Servers when ‘browsing’?
  5. How many OPC servers can I install on a single PC?
  6. What is OpcEnum and why do I need it?
  7. My OPC application cannot connect to an OPC server. Why?
  8. In light of the OPC UA (Unified Architecture) specification, should I avoid OPC servers based on the DA (Data Access) specification?
  9. Can I run an OPC Server as a Windows service and what would be the benefits?
  10. Why do I get DCOM error 0x80040202 when my OPC application fails to receive a callback from an OPC server?
  11. What is the difference between synchronous and asynchronous reads?
  12. What ports does DCOM use?
  13. What is the OPC Interoperability session?
  14. What is the OPC Subscription feature and when would I use it?
  15. Why can I not ‘browse’ an OPC Server?
  16. Where does OPC get its timestamp from?
  17. How do I know when my OPC Server has lost its connection with the PLC?
  18. How fast can an OPC Server transfer values?
  19. Will OPC work across a firewall?
  20. What is OPC self certification?

No comments: